Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know if you have any ideas of what this could be. It started off as small bumps on their heads and now it has turned into more bumps and flaky skin. It’s also spreadin to underneath their bellies. Please help! They are a little over 2 weeks old. 6 in litter and about 3 of them have it. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would send photos & do closer up ones to an online vet. Or try to find a vet that does home visits. It could be mange. Its common to get puppies with dandruff- but yours has bumps aswell which is more of a concern, especially since its spreading. There is a number of skin conditions it might be, some puppies are born with them or are highly susceptable as they're so young. For dandruff or cradle cap as its often referred to washing & gentle massage in a natural oatmilk honey bath will help. For mange- you'll need mange treatment. I cant tell from the photos, even when I magnify. You may want to part the fur & take a photo so the vet can see whats happening on the skins surface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buildups of oil and dirt can cause dry skin, as can excessive exposure to water and soap. Do not use human shampoo and conditioner. When you bathe your dog, use a moisturizing dog-safe shampoo. I am using the products of my dogs from an online store Zen Dog Zone. The products are very good for my dogs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Special Conditioning Method for your Puppy:
Oatmeal shampoo. Use a shampoo and conditioner containing colloidal oatmeal.
Rinse with vinegar. Rinse your dog with apple cider vinegar.
Apply coconut oil. Apply coconut oil to your dog's skin.
Moisturize nose and paws. Apply commercial moisturizers to your dog's nose and paws.
Make changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try using shampoos specially made for puppies

My gosh that sounds bad. :( Have you tried going to the vet?

Btw, I also found it hard at first on what to use for puppies. As a mother, I think if I have a baby too, I wouldn't use adult shampoos on them. Anyways, maybe it could help if you can try to look for shampoos specific for puppies too like the one I found on Pet Shed like Fido's Puppy/Kitten Shampoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts