Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not ever cross of a beagle x boston terrier will look the same. They will take on various traits from each parent. Some may look more beagle others more boston. But it's not always easy to guess breeds at such a young age.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, i have searched and cant find anything to identify my staffy/dachsund's father. need to find out for size estimates and training options, pictures avaliable if you think you can help. Thank you !

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hello, i have searched and cant find anything to identify my staffy/dachsund's father. need to find out for size estimates and training options, pictures avaliable if you think you can help. Thank you !
i think it's better to make another thread for your dog.
You can post photos there and the members may have an idea.
generally with mixes you're never 100% sure how they turn out. they're little kinder surprise eggs.

It's Dachshund. the way you wrote it the name doesn't make any sense.
If you write it like this is it looks more like a Dach/Sund (roof sound) instead of a Dachs/Hund (badger dog).

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A "Boglen" is not a breed, like someone else said it's just a mix that will have an unpredictable appearance. Puppies like that can look more like mom, more like dad, or an exact combination--all in the same litter. So his coloring can be all sorts of things. It's not like a purebred where their coloring is completely wrong or off. There's no standard or expected appearance for a dog like this.

How old is he and how big? Where did you get him? I will say I definitely see a lot of bully breed influence in his skull size and shape (Yes, Bostons are in the bully breed family!). I can buy he's part Beagle as well.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We were told he is a boglen (beagle Boston terrier mix) but he has different markings then all the other boglens I have seen pictures of online. He is still just a puppy.
As you (and others) have said, he's a mixed breed. Mixed breed puppies can look like one or the other parent, or a combination of both. He looks a lot like a Boston Terrier mix to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.