Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help guessing what our sweet Pippa girl could be mixed with? We are pretty certain she has Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever in her by her looks, size, webbed feet and temperament. She also does the Toller scream but not too bad. She's about 38 lbs! We've ran out of ideas of what she could be mixed with so I thought it'd be fun to get your thoughts :) And yes I know you don't see a lot of Toller mixes but there use to be a breeder nearby (about 10 miles away) and there are too many resemblances for her not to be. Her nose is also very pink in the winter and black in the summer. Not sure why that is?!

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

Pippa10.jpg

pippa11.jpg

Pippa12.jpg

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
My guesses are Aussie, Chow Chow, American Pit Bull Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, and maybe some retriever- Lab and/or Golden.

If she were another color, like solid black or sable or brindle, would your guess still be the same? Many breeds can have the ee red/yellow color.

In regards to the nose, sounds like snow nose:
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/loss-of-pigmentation-in-dogs/

The most accurate way to find out the mix is with a DNA test- I think Embark is the most accurate test. There's really no way to tell breed based on phenotype (physical characteristics) with mixed breed dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts