Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have 2 Australian Shephards both have allergies that start in Fall with vomiting & low appetite then that gets better in winter except for extremely dry skin they scratch til it bleeds. Couple years back they put the oldest one on meds that blew him up so big and its hard to get the weight off. Has anyone found something that works preferably natural? Ive switched food, tried ACV in water, Olive oil in food and nothin works, they are miserable for months. Ilove my Aussies! Thanks you all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , they both seem sensitive to meds so i was looking for something more natural, I'll keep searching around.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good luck. My guess is that your vet put your older dog on pred. Pred tends to put weight on them and long term use is not good. The two medication I have mentioned can be use short term only during the allergy season. We have seen great results without the side effects of pred. Cytopoint is an injection so chances of digestive upset are almost non existent. Plus after the initial injection some dogs can go three months without needed it boosted. This has helped some of the worst allergy dogs we have ever seen. It definitely improved their quality of life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your experience and info. I will keep it in mind and Im glad it worked for you, I think it was that steroid. I'll keep looking for something natural 1st. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Looking for something natural" is nonsense. Too many people treat non-scientific homeopathy as akin to a religion, yet they have no proof that it works. I have used Apoquel and Cytopoint for my Aussie Terrier with great results, especially the Cytopoint which relieved my dog's pruritus within hours after administration. My advice is to stick with scientifically-proven products that produce documented results. Cytopoint absolutely works, lots of vets recommend it, and I've seen no side effects. None.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts