Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So this is what is on my pug, and I just don't know what it is. I tried draining it, which is why it's a bit red/bloody, but there was no real fluid inside it, and it's almost kinda hard. It has appeared during a few weeks, and he has had multiple of them around his body.

Any ideas?
Regards, James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Trip to the vet is just crazy expensive here in Denmark.. That's why I'm asking here :)

It is NOT a tick, though, as there is fur growing on it

·
Registered
368 Posts
Really impossible to tell what a growth like that is without removing it and sending it in for biopsy. Cytology can be done, but not a lot cheaper and often ends up showing only hints of what the growth is. Most that look like that end up being benign, but not all... and after years of guessing at what things are, removing them and actually finding out, I have learned guessing is a waste of time... wrong more often than right.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree with Izrddr, best to get at least one removed and sent in for a histopathology. IME I've seen the same things as well, where something that looks begin is not or vice verse. No point in guessing, chances are your gonna end up being wrong, the world is just funny like that trying to humble us when we think we know better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts