Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. I have a Jack Russel intact male we think is 3ish yo.
I have had him for a year and a half. He would have poopy accidents in the house every so often (about once a week, give or take) which I blamed myself for missing a cue. lately its been getting worse. every day, sometimes several times a day he has an accident even right after he has been outside or after a walk. I took him out for a quick pee before bed and after we came in I stood in my kitchen drinking water and he dose it 2 feet in front of me. No cue, no warning. Another time a friend came over and he was getting attention from her. when he left the spot he was sitting there was a terd by her foot! then in that instant he finished relieving himself in the midle of my livingroom. Many of the accedents I find around the house not knowing when they happened. The terds are healthy looking and smelling{:[ and everything els is normal so I dont suspect health problems. It is driving me crazy! My husband and I have fights about it.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
best thing to do would be to start potty training over from scratch. A remedial course for a few weeks should get him back on track.

How did you training him the first time? did you crate train? :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He found us just a little over a year ago. I don't know anything about his past. I tried in every way to find the owners. Our vet said he was 2-2.5 years old when I took him the first time. Its been 10 years from the last potty training I had to do and Nagi was so easy, I don't really know what the best methods are anymore. Can you recommend some books or other resource?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts