• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I am a new user for this forum and this is going to be my first thread. I have a 5 weeks old Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy and he is having an issue with his hind legs. He is a happy puppy and he can run well. Even-though he walks and runs as a normal puppy he is having issues when he tries to stand up. That means when he stands up on the ground his hind legs are shaking. Due to this shake he tends to sit down. I think his hind legs are not strong enough to stand him up. Telling you guys again, no walking or running issues, its just he is having a hard time while standing up.
So guys, do you have any idea why this has happened to him? Is this normal in puppy ages?

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
oh yes! i would find out what your vet has to say! ;) that's definitely the sort of thing that a vet would need to answer about. at 5weeks, he's definitely due for a vet check anyway.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yes! i would find out what your vet has to say! ;) that's definitely the sort of thing that a vet would need to answer about. at 5weeks, he's definitely due for a vet check anyway.

I have consulted my Vet, and she said we shall wait till he grows up, like 6 or 7 weeks. I just wanted to know is this normal with 5 week old pups?

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I have consulted my Vet, and she said we shall wait till he grows up, like 6 or 7 weeks. I just wanted to know is this normal with 5 week old pups?
no, it isn't, at least not what i am guessing based o your description. you might want to consult a different vet. there's all sorts of things that can cause them to be unsteady as you describe. and i'm not understanding 6/7 weeks from now, she'll be able to tell if the dog has HD?

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts