Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old Brittany woke up this morning and was acting odd. She normally eats her food and looks for more. This morning she muttled through the bowl and did not finish it. I looked at her in disbelief and found her right eye was closed and watery and she was rubbing it.

I got nervous and took her to the hospital and the vet said she has a corneal ulceration. They gave her antibiotics and pain meds. I have given her both and she is still not fully eating at all.

How long until she starts acting normal? She has had the pain meds in her now for over 4 hours.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It may take her several days before she is acting normal, one dose isn't enough to make a real big difference. Follow the directions given by your vet and if she doesn't improve in a few days take her back in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i agree, you'll have to give the treatment a couple of days before she starts to be her regular self again. even though the pain meds are making her more comfortable it doesn't mean that she'll be up to eating like normal. just be patient and if in a few days you see no improvement i would contact the vet again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts