Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new to this forum and also new to owning a puppy. Unfortunately, I did not do enough research and I brought home my puppy too early. He is a jindo only 5 weeks old. He is weaned and is eating solid food no problem. I understand that 6-8 weeks is when he learns important things from his siblings and parents such as bite inhibition and hierarchy. I can take him back to his family and wait if it's the best course of action. He has been with me for two days now.

1) Besides that, I am teaching him to bite lightly and taking him to socialize with other dogs (IN HOUSE as no vaccines yet) and he is doing very well! Is it possible to teach bite inhibition this way?

2) I am trying to potty train him and have read that potty pads should be skipped if possible. He is used to peeing and pooping on the grass and knows the drill. However, I live in a condo and the grass in the front has occasional dogs from my neighbors. Since he hasn't has vaccines yet, will this be a problem and should I stop?

3) When do puppies learn self-cleaning? He is licking himself already however I just want to make sure this is cause he learned this from his mom already.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.