Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noticed today my cocker’s testicles seemed dry with slight cracking on them, they also seem quite large. There’s some black specks on there as well. He’s on a monthly flea treatment so would be surprised if that’s what that is but could also be dirt.

His mood is completely normal and he isn’t showing any signs of discomfort in the area but thought I’d ask on here before taking him to the vet.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this?

Thanks!
Head Hand Eye Dog breed Ear

· Registered
295 Posts
I'd try giving him a bath and massaging the area gently to remove any debris, then re-evaluate after that. The swelling is the most concerning IMO, if they are double or more than their usual size then he will need vet attention.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi Harry, I'm a practicing veterinarian so this is from a professional perspective... First, the skin over the testicles is thinner and more "crepe-like" than the skin over the rest of the body. It's not unusual for it to look wrinkly. Open cracks or splits are NOT normal, although, other than that small red spot in your picture, I can't see any of that in your picture. The dark spots appear to be just normal pigmentation in the skin unless it washes off after a bath as suggested by MaisieAndGem above. Size-wise, testicle size gets larger as your dog gets older and can also fluctuate a bit as a result of changes in blood flow from activity, sexual arousal, or environmental temperatures. The only way to know if there's something wrong is to have him examined by your vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts