Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are still pups Blizzard the sheepdog is 10 months Chase the Shepherd is 8 months. They are on blue and the food isn't agreeing with them

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Were they both on the same food before that did agree with them, if so I would go back to that until you can find something. Did you change them over slowly? Have they been into something? Tested for parasites?

If not, there are a whole lot of foods out there. Is there something in particular you are looking for in a food? Grain free? Grain Inclusive? Specialty store vs Chain? Different protein? Special needs?

I know a lot of people, myself included, that have a hard time getting blue to work for their dogs so here's a good list to start by:
Acana
Orijen
Zignature
Go!
Now!
Pulsar
Zignature
TOTW (Taste of the wild)
Kirkland
Nature's Variety
Holistic Select
Annamaet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were they both on the same food before that did agree with them, if so I would go back to that until you can find something. Did you change them over slowly? Have they been into something? Tested for parasites?

If not, there are a whole lot of foods out there. Is there something in particular you are looking for in a food? Grain free? Grain Inclusive? Specialty store vs Chain? Different protein? Special needs?

I know a lot of people, myself included, that have a hard time getting blue to work for their dogs so here's a good list to start by:
Acana
Orijen
Zignature
Go!
Now!
Pulsar
Zignature
TOTW (Taste of the wild)
Kirkland
Nature's Variety
Holistic Select
Annamaet
No Chase was on science diet when I got him and Blizzard was on Purina puppy chow. And yes we switched them slowly. And they are never out of my sight so no they haven't gotten into anything and they don't have parasites they are on flea/tick treatment and heart guard. And Chase is highly allergic to wheat. And liver upsets Blizzard's tummy

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Any particular type of liver, chicken? beef? pork?

You can try a food trial with something like zignature, with a protein like fish or something else novel and go from there. It's grain free, so no wheat, and has a few novel proteins like whitefish, kangaroo, and duck.

Our Menu | Zignature

Hope you find something that works. I know how fun finding a food that works for 1 sensitive dog can be, I can't imagine finding a food that works for 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts