Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my puppy 2 weeks ago shes half husky half lab shes 12 weeks on thursdya anyways shes been eating and drinking properly but lately she hasnt been eating dry food i had the bil jac puppy formula but she stopped eating it a few days ago and so i bought her wet food the blue buffalo red meat and she ate it so fast so today i bought her some of the same flavor but dry food but she didnt eat it. Shes very active and nothing changed just her eating habits im worried. My theory is that shes teething. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Some dogs just do not like dry food. The wet or soft food, of course depending on what you get, can be very healthy for them too. You might try adding a small quantity of dry food, or just provide something for her to chew on to maintain oral health.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Some times when puppies are teething, they do stop eating. I have a puppy right now, a golden retriever I named AU, that is teething, I can see where 2 of his teeth are missing right now and the adult ones are still just under the gum line...so I'm sure it must be tender there before the teeth erupt.

It could be the kibble shape, or size, was painful on his gums, or perhaps just for an hour or two during the feeding time, your dog's gums were too sore for him to want to eat.

I've been soaking AU's food for about 10 minutes before feeding it too him, but also putting down a handful of dry, as he still seems to like the 'crunch' factor and maybe the harder kibble might help with the gums finally giving away and allowing his adult teeth to come through.

Stormy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts