Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's not the puppy's fault, I know, but here is my problem:

I have an 8 week old female boxer. I know she needs to learn biting inhibition, and my husband and I practice with her. But when I yelp and go limp, she just continues to play. I try to ignore her, she's all over me playing still. I also have a 3 year old and the puppy nips her more and tries to bite her clothes. This terrifies my child and she doesn't want to be around the puppy. I try to calm my child and help her play with the puppy, but the puppy gets excited, bites more, and my daughter cries as she's being scratched and bit. Help!! No matter how much stuff I read I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I know the problem is me, but I'm frustrated and don't know what to d. My daughter is covered in scratches and stays on the couch when the puppy is around. She can wrestle around with our Shih Tzu, who's 4, but she's not used to a crazy energetic puppy. Please tell me what I need to change to fix this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.