Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little puppy is 12 weeks on weds he's a miniature poodle, he's had his injections although he needs a third injection as Vets4pets gave him an injection he didn't need when the breeder took him him for his first injections. He is totally crazy but today he's been really tired and he was sick this morning, but his poo was normal. He did have a really busy day yesterday and had very little rest. He had some of his dry food this morning and now he's having a bit of play. He hasn't been out for walks but he has been to puppy training but I've been very careful to not mix him with other dogs let him sniff or lick them and kept him away from any accidents from other puppies. He's been out in the garden a lot and everything goes in his mouth and he has eaten grass and soil, i try to get it all out of his mouth, the other day i had to scoop bird poo out his mouth (he's really classy!) He's playing and biting now, so i hope its just tiredness and that i'm being over protective and worried about him.

Is he just exhausted because he's had a busy weekend, he vary rarely sleeps or drinks enough water to keep him going, is he just being a normal puppy who has run himself out of steam or do you think there is something else wrong with him, he's back at the vets weds for his third injection

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ours is half miniature poodle and I can tell you she tires easily. She can have a lot of energy for a short period of time, then will crash. Also she is usually lethargic for several days to a week after getting her shots, and it also affects her appetite. Keep that bird poop away from him, there are all sorts of bad things in that, for them to catch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you that has made me relax, i will try to swill the bird poo away and anything else he can get in his mouth. He's so naughty when it comes to everything to going in his mouth.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Tiny puppies are also prone to hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. It can usually be prevented by feeding small frequent meals, and there are also supplement pastes which can be given to help prevent it. The only way to know if that's what's happening to your puppy would be to take him to the vet when he's symptomatic, and to test they would check his blood glucose. He could also just be feeling under the weather due to whatever digestive upset is going on, but if his appetite isn't great it would be a good idea to watch for signs of hypoglycemia. It could be any number of other things too, so if it persists, best to have him examined by his vet.

https://www.purinaproclub.com/resource-library/pro-club-updates/hypoglycemia-requires-quick-intervention-in-toy-breeds

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Let us know how he is doing. By now he should be pretty much back to normal. If not a trip to the Vet would be in order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts