Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 3 month old (about) German Shepherd lab mix. She is very smart and typically learns fast. We've had her for about 2 weeks and she only took one week to potty train. Her only problem is that when she's teething she bites me and my boyfriend and she does not let go. I have cuts on my hands and arms from her. The only way to get her to stop is to force her off of me and then put her in her crate or outside. I try to redirect her to toys but she either bites my hands, arms, pants, shoes, toes, whatever part of me she can get to. I don't know what to do :'( nothing works...but i really can't afford an expensive trainer right now..there has to be something i can do, right?
Anything will help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also she has lots and lots of toys. When she gets in this mood, no toy will make her stop and i dont want to give her treats for biting, plus when she grabs me i can't really just walk to the kitchen to get them :/

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I have two herding breeds, so I feel your pain with the biting. The one thing I always did was keep a small toy in my pocket. It was always right there to redirect them to.

Have you tried the yelping technique? Where the dog bites you and you let out a very high pitched, loud scream/yelp? This works for some dogs (personally for mine it just got them way more amped up).

Another option is to teach the puppy that every time you reach for them, they need to not bite you. There's a pretty good video here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.