Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am the owner of a two-months-old cane corso who, after jumping off my bed, hurted her paw. Although I cant describe it accurately, I do have clear pictures of it, which are attached to this post. Unfortunately, because of the quarantine, I have yet to find a vet that will attend to her. In the mean time, I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what her problem is and, thus, what I can do to alleviate her pain.

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
I am so sorry that your puppy got hurt! I know it must be worrying you to death.

Unfortunately it looks like she's broken it and about all you can do at home is put her on strict crate rest. She NEEDS to see a vet. She's going to be a large breed dog and the last thing you want is for her to have a broken leg and also potentially messed up the growth plates, and then let it go too long for them to be able to easily fix it.

See if the vet would be willing to have you stay in the parking lot, and he or she come out and get your pup. They can examine her while you wait in the car and maybe y'all can discuss what is going on over the phone.

·
Registered
843 Posts
This is whats classed as an emergancy . your pup could have lasting damage from this injury make sure you make that clear to any vet you telephone and share that picture.. It turned my stomach to think of a pup putting weight on that leg.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
All the Vets I know of, will take care of emergencies, which this is. If my Vet refused to see my dog during an emergency (not a likely scenario) it would certainly have me searching for a new Vet. Can you find an emergency Vet clinic that you can get to? Dog needs medical attention, if broken, it hurts like hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts