Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got him last night, hes a purebred Lhasa Apso, 7 weeks old. I got him around 7pm last night and he really is lazy and fat !! But thats not what worries me, i dont know if its just him being exhausted or stressed but he hasnt gone potty since ive had him.. he eats just fine and drinks but other then that he just wants to whine or cuddle.. any thoughts? I already made an appointment to go have him checked out at the vet but they cant see me for a couple of days.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
I just got him last night, hes a purebred Lhasa Apso, 7 weeks old. I got him around 7pm last night and he really is lazy and fat !! But thats not what worries me, i dont know if its just him being exhausted or stressed but he hasnt gone potty since ive had him.. he eats just fine and drinks but other then that he just wants to whine or cuddle.. any thoughts? I already made an appointment to go have him checked out at the vet but they cant see me for a couple of days.
If you think the puppy is unwell, then call the vet back and say so, and say you need to bring the puppy in TODAY.

Has he not peed at all yet? That would be problematic.

If he does not poop by the end of the day, that too would be a problem.

Puppies need a lot of sleep, but they also should have short periods of time when they are playful and active.

Again, if you are concerned the puppy is ill, get him to the vets today. Puppies are quite delicate and if they are sick, they can go downhill quite fast.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I agree. If the vet has no emergency appointments, you need to call a different vet.

Good luck. I hope the little one is okay.

·
Registered
257 Posts
any updates here? Hows the new pup doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts