1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently (4 months ago to be exact)
I've took my dog for a TRIM at the groomer
specified on the desired length and overall
but return wit her completely shaved down!!!!!!! My heart absolutely broke.
now her fur doesn't shine like it used to
is there anything I can do to help with her fur health?
I've been mixing in coconut oil in her food for the past few days and gave her an oatmeal bath today..
Please help T^T suggestions desperately needed.:(

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Coat condition has a lot to do with nutrition. Feed a high quality food with omega 3 & 6's in it and perhaps add a supplement that is meant for coat conditioning. Be aware that it could be at least a few weeks or a few months before the natural oils that give a coat it's shine, return!

I've used both Mirra-Coat and Missing Link with good results....

·
Registered
176 Posts
So sorry this happened :( Unfortunately I see this becoming a common trend that now groomers think everyone wants it.

Some dogs don't like how it feels to have their fur shaved. Kind of like how we go through a period of feeling weird or cold after we get our haircut.

If you notice your dog behaving differently, other people here have recommend putting a light sweater on her if the weather isn't too warm. It makes them feel more comfortable, less sensitive to everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coat condition has a lot to do with nutrition. Feed a high quality food with omega 3 & 6's in it and perhaps add a supplement that is meant for coat conditioning. Be aware that it could be at least a few weeks or a few months before the natural oils that give a coat it's shine, return!

I've used both Mirra-Coat and Missing Link with good results....
would you recommend a high quality dog food that's not too overpriced overall??
I think I will continue on feeding her some more coconut oil for a month and see how it goes first, then purchase the fish oil / omega 3&6 supplements.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Two that I know of are 'Fromm Gold Holistic' and 'Health Extensions Allergix Buffalo Whitefish and Chickpea' formula( I use this one)
Neither of these are over the top price wise for the quality.
A good thing to do is go to the Chewy.com site and take a look ..they have a big variety of foods and you can find the ingredients listed for each one.

Take a look also at Precise Lamb or Precise Chicken both are well priced at Chewy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts