Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Toby wont poo or wee out side. we have recently moved from a flat to a house with a garden and the 1st 2 weeks he seemed to be fine with the whole toilet in the garden thing, however the past two days i have been out there for over an hour and he wont go. he keeps going to the front gate wanting to go out. ive tried the usual rewards fuss, walking on the lead round the garden. it seems like a battle of wills now. he is a 3 year old jack russel and is now pooing in the house in the night. what do i do???????? help UK !!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd try crate training him for night time. As long as the crate isn't huge (While still allowing him to stand and turn around comfortably), most dogs won't relieve themselves where they sleep and in such a small area.

Also, do you feed him on a schedule? If not, doing so will help you determine when he should have to go, instead of guessing or relying him to tell you when he needs to go potty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
try and watch for him to go in the house and then quickly take him out, then only give him 5 minutes to go standing in the spot you want him to go. If he doesnt go, go back inside. Then keep watching, when he tries again take him back out. Within a week he will get the hint. At night if you can't hear him you should do what the last person said and put him in a crate. Also a schedule is a great suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts