Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 18 month old Cane Corso- when house training her we used a bell at the door which she rings to go outside (I have to add she is the only large dog I have ever had who will soil her kennel when crated -and yes it’s appropriate size for her not too large) this was even before a bad boarding experience where she was crated and muzzled that she now has crate anxiety from - my problem is she will wake during the night multiple times to pee and or poop (so not a UTI issue) we have tried adjusting feeding times, and limiting water intake in the evenings. I’m feeding the recommended amount for her size (not over feeding) and she is a normal healthy weight -I know she is old enough to hold it during the night - and can- because on (rare) occasions she will sleep all night. We basically no longer crate her -during the day for the most part she does well (she will on occasion use the bathroom in the house but not regularly) at night If I ignore her she will potty in the house- I’m at my wits end it has become worse than having a newborn since at least you know a newborn will grow out of it... I’ve even tried Benadryl and melatonin to help her sleep thru the night which hasn’t worked either... I do think she sleeps some better the few times I have allowed her to sleep in the bed with me but my husband refuses to do this I’m honestly so exhausted I’m ready to put him out of the bed and her in it if I could get some rest.... I’ve had other “dominant” breeds before and my husband says I have allowed her to train me, but he is of course also not the one cleaning up when she soils in the house...ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I’ve tried all the “normal” stuff...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts