Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I returned back to work and now my dog is barking excessively. To the point that the office called us stating that there are multiple complaints about his barking. We both leave at 8am until 5:30pm so his barking starts early and we don’t want to be those owns who neglect their dog and cause a disturbance. He has also been gnawing on our front door frame, indicating to us that he is really stressed out and wants to leave when we do. Crating with his separation anxiety doesn’t seem like a good idea. I was wondering if there are any other tips to helping him get used to our schedule and make our dog feel comfortable and less anxious? I’m more concerned about him being comfortable because it worries that me that my dog is getting so distressed when we leave.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
I'm guessing when you refer to returning to work, you mean after being home for Covid lockdown?

How was your dog before you were spending more time at home ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, prior to quarantine we had issues when we first adopted him but we would leave toys and the tv running so that way he would remain calm and never had any complaints about his barking. He also was never as destructive before. He would only eat the roll of toilet paper, here and there but not to this extent. He has been going at our doorframe for the past two weeks and we need to section off the entrance so he doesn’t harm himself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts