Dog Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have Shih Tzu x Maltese crosses and I groom them myself. Most of them are fine when I clip them right down but Remmy always acts funny for about a week after I do him down short. He will keep sitting down even though I know he does not have any clipper burn and just overall acts different. My sister's dog, the first time she was clipped down, kept spooking at feeling her tail on her back so they obviously notice it.

I wouldn't worry too much unless it goes on for much longer in which case I would see a Vet as it could be just coincidence and not have anything to do with the clip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
YES! HE keeps sitting down when he is outside too, when we go to walk, he sits and shakes, i found it weird! It has been a week today since the grooming, so I am giving him until Saturday and if he isnt better, I will take him to the vet. I meet the groomer today and she gave me a sweater she made which has back legs built into it, so next walk, I am going to give it a try and see if maybe that keeps him warm!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
How does his rectum look? and his privates? You may want to put some powder on those areas if he is sitting down fast and kinda under himself. He be itchy irritated from anal glands being expressed and privates being shaved..

·
Registered
604 Posts
Whenever my girl gets groomed she needs to have a sweater on for a few weeks. Sometimes longer. Even now, two weeks later, I will see her shaking when she comes in from outside. I know because she is getting older the cold really bothers her now. Hope everything works out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi all.. Quick update on Wilson... He seems to be doing better, he is walking a little further now and less shaking (the weather has been a bit warmer). I have been walking him without a sweater as well and he seems less embarassed.. Fingers crossed it stays warm just a little longer so his hair to grow in a little more :) .. Thank you for all your wonderful advice and support. It really helped me get though this

21 - 26 of 26 Posts