Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im hoping that someone will be able to give me some MAGIC advise...Bonnie my 3 and half month cross german shepherd will not do anything in the street, i walk her every hour for about 30mins, she sniffs everywhere , runs and plays, i stop and wait, and wait and wait and NOTHING she just looks at me, so i go home, as i dont have a crate i tie her up so that she is not too moblile, as soon as i turn my back she pee´s next to her bed , im at my tether can someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!:dog-cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
When my rottie puppy did this, I tied her outside and just kept checking on her. As soon as she peed/pooped I let her back inside, it took her about a month to completely figure it out, but she finally learned if she does it outside, she can come inside. Also, is she did anything in the house, she went outside immediately for an hour or so tied up until she did whatever she did not do on my floor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi many thanks for your advise, she now goes out on the terrace .....( its a start ) but still wont go out in the street, she smells every where other dogs have been but wont go, how long is it normally till they start doing their buisness outside? as she is 3 and a half months and is very inteligent,i think she´s getting the idea that she doesnt do it in the house ( thank goodness)...i usually take her out about 15 mins after she has eaten,for about half an hour or so, but she holds it till she gets in again its so infuriating, i think she thinks that the street is to play and nothing else....thankyou so much anyway,

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Bonnie, in answer to your question, at her age she should be able to do her business outside. In your first post, what you described her as doing is called "being reversed house broken". Meaning just that she will wait forever to go when she is out side and then only go inside.
I seems as if she is starting to put two and two together, buthe street may just be to scary for her. So with trying to learn where to go and not wanting to go where it is not a comfortable place to go might explain why she is having trouble still.
I myself would suggest a crate to help train her. Dogs will not potty where they sleep or eat. Or if you can't get a crate, then I'd try to confine her to a small area.
Also, use the command "go potty" when you actually see her going. This and praise her when she goes outside. I learned this handy trick from a lady who trains seeng eye dogs. The dogs learn quicky what that command means.
If she is truly trying but just cant seem to get it right, then you may want to have a vet check her for any urinary problems. If she does have a physical issue, then that might be why she just cant get everything to work in the right direction.
Im sorry I did not reply sooner. I hope this helps you out and please keep us posted to her progress.
Also, a belated..Welcome to the Dog Forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi thanks so much for your help in this matter , this is Bonnie in the photo, im sure she knows that she shouldnt pee in the house as when i find that she has done it she runs straight out on the terrace, so she must know that she has done something bad...but to get her to go out in the street it impossible, she just runs around and thinks its time to play, and if i stand in one place she lays down on the ground next to me, as ive not got a crate, i keep her on the terrace as not to do potty in the house,, but i feel bad that she is outside, im now trying what Minihorse927 suggested, to tie her up outside till she wants to go, but its not worked just yet...will keep you posted on her development, many thanks for your interest....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts