Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys I have just signed up and have no idea if I'm in the right place but I'm desperate for some guidance. I have an almost 6 month male chihuahua named Brows Blue. He is the absolute live of my life and such a happy pup. Up to around 2 weeks ago I have had no real issues with Brows. He has typical pup behaviour for example he is still having accidents in the home and likes to chew fingers which I have been advised not to allow and to give toy in these instances which is what I and anyone else playing with Brows does, however, over the last 2 weeks Brows has been showing aggression in the form on growling,licking lips and more recently snapping when he is tired. He will get up on the sofa for cuddles and randomly begins to growl. In 2 instances this has resulted in a snap drawing blood! I have clearly been doing the wrong thing as I was led to believe I should assert dominance so I would shout at Brows, tap him and put him in the kitchen where he sleeps. Only other times Brows growls is occasionally when he is guarding a toy. He hasn't been nuetered yet and I was under the illusion that this may be the cause but after some research I have now learnt that this could make matters worse? Brows is great with animals, children and strangers and is a happy and loving pup. Please please help, how do I get my happy boy back before this gets worse?

· Registered
20 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried to do that I just can't seem to figure out how. That option doesn't seem to be available? Or I am just missing it entirely. I seem to only be able to read already created topics?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.