Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone had any experience of strange lumps!

My SBT has developed a lump on his muzzle below his nose, I first noticed it nearly 6 wks ago and thought it was a bite. then i thought as it was growing it was an ingrown hair!
Luther doesnt appreciate it being touched but is not affected by it ie no scratching rubbing etc.

it is now the size of a 5p piece about the same as my thumb nail. its dark pink and smooth some one please advise im actually scared to take him vets as its only growing not changing ( i know i should)

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Lumps growing is a problem. It needs to be sampled by the vet. There is no way to know what it is or how severe unless it is sampled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ive actually made the call now and hopefully itl b sorted quickly, He is my hero and has saved my life when i was attacked. So i have to do the vet thing instead of hiding behind my fear.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish id made the call earlier!

Thank you for your replies, It was Cancer and the lump was later stages and there was no treatment its taken me a very long time to write this I have tried several times but quitted.

He lasted 2months before I had to say goodbye.

There were numerous tumours internally and a few omnious sounding names for them aswell, The vet said his loyalty & love to me and my family kept him from showing his sickness he was just unlucky and so were we!

but lucky enough to have loved and been loved by the most beautiful Dog in the World no Animal or Person can ever come close to you Beau! RIP.

So just to let you know my Boy is playing on Rainbow Bridge now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts