Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My name is Nichol Van Dorn-Cook and my husband Ken and I live in Rupert, Idaho and back at the beginning of this year, in January, my husband and I adopted 2 puppies from a lady he works with who had found a stray pregnant dog near their work and took her in. The puppies were born on November 15, 2017 and were a little over 7 weeks old when we adopted them. My husband and I had a 15 year old dog that we adopted from the pound 2 years ago and very sadly, we had to put her down last September due to seizures and cancer. We weren't sure we were ready to adopt again, but felt in January that we were ready. I (Nichol) have never had a puppy before and my hubby has some experience training prior dogs of his. Our puppies (Thor and Brindi) are both 5 months old now. They are mixed breeds...their Mom appeared to be a wire haired terrier and father or fathers are unknown. Thor, the boy appears to be a Wire Haired Terrier/Pug mix and his sister Brindi appears to be a Pug/Chihuahua Mix. Thor has done really well with housetraining. We did the crate method for a long time and after many accidents inside that I know was to be expected (and lots of carpet cleaning), we have a problem. We don't understand why, although Thor has no problem going potty in the yard and his sister who is always with her brother, who even watches him do number 2 outside and he gets a treat right after everytime and lots of praise, absolutely refuses to go number 2 outside! She is so distracted outside by EVERYTHING, always looking off into the distance, even though we try to get her to look at us and listen to us and behave. My husband and I even separate them, take Thor inside after he's done pottying and him and I have taken turns working with her diligently and try to get her to poop outside. She absolutely refuses, you can see her hold her poop in and then she ends up going inside, we even grab her mid poop and run her outside and set her down and tell her to go potty. She freaking holds it all the time outside. We are at our wits ends, don't know what to do. She is good about not going pee or poop in their kennel, in their bed ever. But for some reason she thinks her toilet for pooping is our carpet in our living room. She smells the poop outside, we walk her over to it, she watches her brother poop outside, but still she refuses to! We are desparate for any advice that anyone could give us to correct this situation.:confused::ponder:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts