Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have 2 Australian Shephards both have allergies that start in Fall with vomiting & low appetite then that gets better in winter except for extremely dry skin they scratch til it bleeds. Couple years back they put the oldest one on meds that blew him up so big and its hard to get the weight off. Has anyone found something that works preferably natural? Ive switched food, tried ACV in water, Olive oil in food and nothin works, they are miserable for months. Ilove my Aussies! Thanks you all!

·
Registered
745 Posts
This homemade dog shampoo is great- milk honey oats. warm the milk & use melted honey. mix honey & milk together then oats. Wet the dogs & rub it in all over (massage) whilst in the bath- then rinse. Coat & skin lovely & soft- smells nice. A honey with some manuka works best.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oily fish once a week is also good my dog likes canned tuna in oil with cottage cheese or home made cheese sauce. I use cornflour not wheatflour. mozzeralla milk, no added salt. wash their blankets & any dog clothes every week in washing powder for babies like lux flakes or use sensitive skin ones. Discourage your dogs from sunbathing for too long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cytopoint shot will stop the itching.
It's expensive, but it's not a steroid or anything, it just blocks the itch signal temporarily so your dogs skin can heal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I purchased a couple of allergy suits for our dog. Worked very well. He did not scratch. We were able to break the cycle by rotating the suits and keeping them on and off for a period of time, like keep on overnight, off during the day. Keeping them freshly washed with unscented laundry soap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts