Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend brought a puppy yesterday from a friend of a friend.
She got no information apart from that it's a Labrador X Staffy.
I've spent most of the morning looking up information but only comes up with selling websites.
If anybody has any information that could help her
She will be going to see the mum hopefully sometime this week.
She knows what she done was silly but it's done now.

Please can anybody help

Thank you

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Does she have computer access?

If so, encourage her to join here. We have plenty of resources and articles that could help her along. Not to mention the support of the community.

She also needs to do some research into bull breed traits so she can have a better idea of what she's getting into and set the dog up for success. IMO, this is a biggie.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It would help a lot if we knew what we were supposed to be helping with. Behaviors, health, etc?? I'm with beretw on this, have her join the forum! Also, I imagine this is going to be a very high energy puppy, I hope she's prepared for lots of exercise!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, No she doesn't have computer access.

Help for anything.

He hasn't had any drink since she got him and it's coming up for 24hours now?

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
How old is the puppy? Any vet checks, vaccinations, worming?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Invite her over to your place and read the info here with her. (sort of a DF party!)A lot of puppy stuff is good across the board, so she can start right away. With mixes, it is good to learn some of the breed characteristics so she can identify them when they start coming out in her dog and be prepared to work with them rather than against them. She could go to the library to go online as a guest here and do some reading too. Let her use your computer to register, and then she can use any computer to sign in. Also, a vet check is in order, as with any new pet.

Reactions: SLOVicto and beretw

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I agree, have her join the forum and read the info. Lots of info for raising puppies and dogs and if there are any questions she needs answer, we will try and help.

Reactions: SLOVicto

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
If the dog has not drank anything in 24 hours she may want to take it to a vet. Does it have shot records? Has it been seen by a vet? If none of that stuff is known a vet might be a great first place to look. Not to mention the vet may be able to help answer any other questions you may have.

If the puppy has not drank in 24 hours, has it eatten? Has the puppy been wormed? Do you know what the puppy was eating before she got it? Age? Size? I mean to say it is a lab x Staffy puppy is pretty vague....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts