Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some person leaved two puppies near our house at night while me and my family where sleeping, we didnt really knew what to do, but we finally decided to adopt one of them and give the other one to a shelter, and i need help to identify her breed.

Both puppies where female and seemed too be sisters but where slightly different, the one that we adopted was slightly bigger and had(has) an slighlty different face complection, the one that we gave to a shelter had a honey color and the one that we adopted has a mix of dark and light browns and kind of resemble the colors of a german shepherd.

she seems to be a middle sized dog and here are a couple of pictures:

puppyfaf.jpg

puppyqeqw.jpg

so, what mix could this puppy be, the only thing i know is that her colors kind of look like th ones of a german shepherd, but i dont really know which mix of breeds she could be since i dont know about her mother or father.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
First I would take her to the vet to get her shots. She looks young, probably 8 to 12 weeks old. The vet will be able to give a better guess at her age by the teeth. If she is younger the 6 months we won't actually know until she grows up more.

Also the puppies could have different fathers so the sisters wouldn't look alike. I'm thinking someone couldn't find homes for these puppies and just dropped them off to let the pups be someone else's problem. Poor pups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I would take her to the vet to get her shots. She looks young, probably 8 to 12 weeks old. The vet will be able to give a better guess at her age by the teeth. If she is younger the 6 months we won't actually know until she grows up more.

Also the puppies could have different fathers so the sisters wouldn't look alike. I'm thinking someone couldn't find homes for these puppies and just dropped them off to let the pups be someone else's problem. Poor pups.
Thanks for the help, we already took her to the vet an she is now taking her shots, maybe later someone could tell what mix she is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me she looks like a Sofia (Bulgarian capital) street dog. Can't see a German shepherd in her.

What country are you in?
Yeah, she is no German shepherd, her hair is too short and light, here is an update of her: terra.jpg
Im in Mexico, so she is probably not a sofia street dog, maybe a mexican street dog, but i dont really know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can get a DNA test and just see.

When we got our 1st dog, we were told Rotti/Beagle. Shes Lab/Retriever/Shepherd.

We just got our 5th and were told JR/CS...i dont see either of those and will be getting her DNA tested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can get a DNA test and just see.

When we got our 1st dog, we were told Rotti/Beagle. Shes Lab/Retriever/Shepherd.

We just got our 5th and were told JR/CS...i dont see either of those and will be getting her DNA tested.
How accurate are the DNA tests do you think? I've heard mixed reviews. That's really interesting though...I think I may do that on the new pup I'm adopting. I posted some pics of him in a "Guess my breed!" post. How much was the cost of the DNA test you did?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts