Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I've posted not long ago, but since no one really knew and my puppy has grown a little I thought i'd try again (I'll probably be trying to figure it out forever as not even a vet had any idea)

What breed do you think my pup is? About 5-6 months old now. I have no idea why I feel like I need to know, I just do.

I uploaded a photo of the back of his head so you could see how fluffy that part is.. but only that part hahaha.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Definitely has some herding breed in there. I'd say some Australian Shepherd and/or Border Collie. Maybe a little Papillion? The coat is very interesting. I'd like to see what he looks like when he's fully mature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely has some herding breed in there. I'd say some Australian Shepherd and/or Border Collie. Maybe a little Papillion? The coat is very interesting. I'd like to see what he looks like when he's fully mature.
I've heard border collie a few times but is it possible given how little he is?

I'll post pics when he's all grown up but that may be a little while away hahaha

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
How much does he weigh? It might be more Aussie, and there are mini-Aussies that are quite small. Also, in the event a larger dog is crossed with a smaller one, they will be markedly smaller than the large breed parent.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Sheltie mix?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much does he weigh? It might be more Aussie, and there are mini-Aussies that are quite small. Also, in the event a larger dog is crossed with a smaller one, they will be markedly smaller than the large breed parent.
About 3.5 kilos

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Hmm, 7 pounds at 6 months seems unlikely there is BC or Aussie in there, but I could be wrong, he does have a narrow face. It looks like a JRT x Papillion or maybe Chi? Very interesting indeed.

Reactions: purplesully and cos

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That liver coloring is really throwing me... it's very very unusual in papillons and it's recessive so both her parents had to carry it. Much more common in Chihuahuas so I'd guess Chihuahua mixed with something else. Actually this may sound crazy but since she's so short in the leg I wonder if she's got some shih Tzu in there? Probably more than just 2 breeds though. The face actually looks very sheltie-ish but they don't come in liver at all. 'Toy Aussie' is another option.

·
Registered
172 Posts
With all that fluff I would say Papillon. Maybe some chihuahua or maybe even some herding breed such as the Australian Shepherd.
She is very cute! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts