Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm hoping someone can offer some advice or reassurance. We adopted a 4 month old puppy from a UK charity rescuing Romanian dogs. We picked him up on the 5th July. On the 6th July he developed a cough. I didn't worry as i thought it may have been anxiety related having been through as much as he has and then his circumstances changing yet again. I took him to the vets for a registration consultation on the 8th July and he was concerned about his chest. He prescribed antibiotics and booked us in to see him again 3 days later. Long story short he hadn't improved as much as he wanted him to so prescribed another week of antibiotics. Since then he has had bloods taken and a chest x ray. Signs seemed to point to lungworm. He has been prescribed 1 panacur daily for 7 days alongside another week of antibiotics. Today he has been on the panacur for 5 days but he is still coughing, not quite as much as he was but still a hacking cough every now and again. Is this normal after this amount of time or should his cough have cleared up? I will speak to the vet again tomorrow but want to know if I'm overreacting. TIA x

1 - 1 of 1 Posts