Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Lucky" is a collie/shepherd, tri-colored, 1year old, neutered male, is very healthy and active, is microchipped and up to date on all vaccinations. We rescued him from the animal shelter the day that he was going to be euthanized (the shelter classified him as being nippy but after we were there with him about an hour he completely changed and was very loving and smart, we think that he might have been afraid due to abuse before coming into that shelter) since adopting him three months ago he has not been nippy with our family or towards the vet (just afraid with the vet but never tried to nip), he has been very loving with our family including a 12year old boy - we have taken him hiking & swiming, on car rides, the 12year old boy pulls him all around the yard in a wagon, he is affectionate & loves belly rubs, to be brushed & loved on, is crate trained for night time, loves to play with our spayed female australian shepherd in our fenced in yard but does not get along with our collie that has not been neutered. I put "Lucky" in a local paper and had one person come to look at him who turned out to be a older man that moved fast around him and didn't show that he would spend time with him - he was able to feed him a couple of treats and then while still moving fast around him he did growl and nip at him but never bit. If we didn't already have two dogs we would keep him because he is very loving and smart with our family but we cannot due to already having two dogs and having the un-neutered collie that he does not get along with that is why we are trying to get him placed in a loving home or with a foster family as soon as possible. "Lucky" needs a loving understanding family that will spend time with him to show that he will be loved and will not be abused and then after that I think he will turn out to be a great loving dog that he has been for our family
If you interested in "Lucky" & could provide a loving home for him, know of a foster family for him, or any questions - call Heather at: (828)-696-5525
:dog-cry:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I dont think the new person has come back to check in :(

Just wondering if you have had anyone consider him yet. Sorry I cant help, one Im a breeder and have heaps of dogs, two, I live in Australia and we are over populated with rescues and strays.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wish I could help, but I too am a breeder and have plenty of dogs myself.
I would suggest that you get in touch with Collie rescue. I'm sure they would help out with a Collie mix.

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you.

Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey good luck with "Lucky". Unfortunately I have a few dogs, but like dch said, look up a Collie rescue, because when i had to get rid of my retriever, we sent her to a rescue and the day after she got a good home. Good Luck!! Give Lucky a hug for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts