Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 1 year old Yorkshire Terrier. This morning I found out that he had something in his eye. Didn't pay too much attention to it. Some hours later, the thing got bigger and I am very worried because I think he may go blind. The thing in his eye it's something almost transparent, a little white. He can still see with his eye. The thing is getting bigger and bigger! Please, could someone that had a similar problem help me and tell me what it is? Thank you so much! <3

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello! I have a 1 year old Yorkshire Terrier. This morning I found out that he had something in his eye. Didn't pay too much attention to it. Some hours later, the thing got bigger and I am very worried because I think he may go blind. The thing in his eye it's something almost transparent, a little white. He can still see with his eye. The thing is getting bigger and bigger! Please, could someone that had a similar problem help me and tell me what it is? Thank you so much! <3
You need to go to a vet to get a diagnosis. I know that isn't very helpful, but there is no way for anyone on the internet to know for sure.

Here is an article about the 8 common eye problems in dogs. Maybe this can help you.

8 Common Eye Problems in Dogs | petMD

I hope he is ok!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently,yorkies have something called eye discharge/gunk/boogers/ect. He's fine now! I cleaned him. Thanks for your support, guys! :3

·
Registered
434 Posts
Apparently,yorkies have something called eye discharge/gunk/boogers/ect. He's fine now! I cleaned him. Thanks for your support, guys! :3
My Yorkie's vet addressed this with me during his first visit. He suggested that he could flush the tear ducts out and it would greatly lessen the amount of discharge. I didn't want to put my dog through needless stress, so I had the vet do this while he was under sedation for his neutering surgery. Since that time, he's had much, much less discharge from his eyes. When I take my Morkie in for his neutering surgery, I'm going to have the same thing done for him. This may be something you want to bring up the next time you're at the vet with your Yorkie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts