Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Thanks in advance for your help. I have a pitbull mix rescue who we assume is anywhere from 8-10 years old. Recently, he has been EXCESSIVELY thirsty. He will drink and drink for about 1-2 minutes straight. At first I just chalked it up to the summer heat, but now I’m not so sure. He is well trained. He will not mess in the house unless he is ill. Tonight was the second time he could not hold his urine and made a HUGE mess (the living room was soaked.) I took him for a walk, thinking his bladder must be empty, but he continued to urinate. When we returned, off to his water bowl he went to drink for about 1 minute straight.

Other symptoms he’s been exhibiting:
  • crying/whimpering only when laying down
  • restlessness
  • sounding “congested” when barking and breathing

When I say congested, think about a time you had a bad phlegmy cough and you tried to take a breath in and felt all that gross mucus in your chest. That’s what it sounds like. Other than that, his appetite is great and his energy is how it’s always been. He is not slow on walks and loves company over the house as he always did.

I’m so scared :( I don’t know what I’d do without him.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.