Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a dog yesterday at the local pet store. The first lady said that he is a yorkie poodle mix. Then the owner told me that he is a yorkie papillon mix.

I looked at pictures of both breeds via google search, and it looks like all yorkie/papillons have the papillon ears (tall and sharp).

What do you think? The light brown dog is the one that I am taking home this coming Saturday.. the black ones are his brothers for comparison

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
how does the mother look like?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I don't know what either of his parents look like
You really want to buy a dog when you know nothing about the parents?
this is a shop isn't it? shouldn't they have some informations about the parents?
this sounds really fishy. You sure that the dogs aren't from some kind of puppymill?

I'm no pro when it comes to small dog breeds, but the Yorkie and papillion puppies I've seen on photos and in reality until now had different ears. I suppose there must be something else in the mix too.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You really want to buy a dog when you know nothing about the parents?
this is a shop isn't it...
?
From the first sentence in the OP:
I put a deposit on a dog yesterday at the local pet store...
...shouldn't they have some informations about the parents?
this sounds really fishy. You sure that the dogs aren't from some kind of puppymill?...
I'm not sure where the OP is from, but here in the states, all the info they post at pet stores is the breed, and, possibly, where the pup was bred.

I'll keep my answer to the question asked- cute puppies! They look like Poodle mixes to me.

·
Registered
989 Posts
They look like poodle mixes to me. Be wary about buying from pet shops, as they're often poorly regulated and the puppies were likely from puppy mills.

Also, I've never been to a pet store where the puppy had any information but breed and age. (I live in the U.S.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've walked into some pet stores that had no information besides what they said the breed is and what they guess the age is. I've also been to a few that had a ton of detailed info on the pup, the parents, age, breed, and all the breeders information. They resemble yorkie/poodle mixes.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
They look like poodle mixes to me - but no papillon in them...from what I can see.

Stormy

Reactions: Sabina88
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.