Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we found this puppy roaming around and decided to take him home nobody has claimed him, and we re wondering what breed is he.

·
Registered
600 Posts
it might turn out to be a scottish terrier but it's hard to tell at that age. A schnauzer is another possibility.

I'd venture a guess that it's probably not a pure breed. Pure breed dogs are expensive and the kind of person that would abandon a puppy wouldn't abandon a pure breed. They would sell it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree with dogslife. Minus people don’t abandon purebreds. I’m sure it depends on where you live for that but my dad lives in Chicago and there’s a lot of people who buy the purebreds, breed them then dump them. He’s had an unbelievable amount of both dogs and pups thrown in his garbage can and alley.He checks it 3x a day now bc it’s so bad 😭 he’s even installed cameras bc the police aren’t doing anything on it. He thought it was the same person every time until the cameras but it’s always a different one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
First of all you should report that you’ve found a dog to vets, shelters, rehoming centers and on fitting websites, fb groups. Then take the puppy to the vet to check for any microship. The vet should also do a health check to make sure the puppy is healthy and do any appropriate vaccinations, de-worming (if his owners aren’t found) etc.

On the breed I would say that he looks similar to a Patterdale terrier. I don’t know how common they’re in the U.S though. He’s probably a mixed breed but I would still guess that there’s some terrier in him.

·
Registered
600 Posts
First of all you should report that you’ve found a dog to vets, shelters, rehoming centers and on fitting websites, fb groups. Then take the puppy to the vet to check for any microship. The vet should also do a health check to make sure the puppy is healthy and do any appropriate vaccinations, de-worming (if his owners aren’t found) etc.

On the breed I would say that he looks similar to a Patterdale terrier. I don’t know how common they’re in the U.S though. He’s probably a mixed breed but I would still guess that there’s some terrier in him.
I actually just logged on to add to this thread what Sunflower said. Get a vet to check the dog and to check it for a chip. If it is lost and not abandoned, the chip (if he has one) should lead you back to the owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts