Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new here and in the process of rescuing Klaus, the adorable pup in attached pictures. He's still on quarantine after being rescued from an out of state kill shelter so no vet has been able to examine him yet.

Workers at the shelter are estimating him around 1 and say he is mostly husky (not Siberian), perhaps with some sort of shepherd mixed in. I did some research and thought he may be mixed with Finnish Lapphund as well.

Does anyone know what he is or what he might be mixed with? Please see photos attached and let me know what you think.

Thanks so much!

Jillian

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow -- he's cute! for sure husky -- maybe some border collie -- but either way he looks like a high energy dog and sure to be a lot of fun -- good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update! Now they're telling me he's Alaskan Malamute. He still seems mixed with some other breeds to me as my neighbor has Malamutes and they are HUGE and a bit different looking in the face/eyes/snout.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
How big is he? Why do they think he's a malamute?

If it's because he's fluffy, huskies can actually be fluffy too! Or whatever he's mixed with could be causing the fluff :p

Maybe he has some border collie, or golden retriever, or another spitz like a Samoyed.

But his breed looks so familiar to me, I just can't place it. Very cute though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would say (alaskan?) husky x finnish lapphund + many other breeds that even a DNA test would not find, because he is very likely a multy generation mix (parents, grandparents... are mixes).
Do you have him now? If yes, you must post more pics, because he's sooo cute!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Highly doubt Finnish laphund as they are pretty rare. But I think something around the lines of Husky/Shepherd/Border collie. I'm guessing one of his parents was probably a mix already.

Reactions: DrStrangelove
1 - 10 of 10 Posts