Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got her two nights ago from the local SPCA and she is doing awesome at our house. This is my first puppy and first dog. Her name is Juniper.

She was born Aug 30 and now weighs about 9 lbs. They said the she was some sort of heeler mix and would be about 50 lbs. Looking into it further, I cant really buy it. I think she is too light to grow to be such a big dog.

Do you guys have any idea of what breeds she could be and what I could expect in terms of size?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I would agree with heeler mix, perhaps pointer too. I think 50 is a very high estimate for your puppy if she's about 10 at 3 months. My heeler mix was 15 at that age and she's 40 as an adult. I'd guess your dog would probably be around 30-40, probably closer to 30. Regardless of her size, I don't think you need to worry about a heeler mix keeping up--even if she isn't very big. They're very hardy, quick dogs that have a lot of stamina. Purebreds are typically an average of 35-45 lbs and they can work full grown cows all day long.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I'm horrible at the guessing of mix but it looks and sounds like you have a keeper. Good for you for taking her in.

I agree with traciek88, I bet your pup as she matures will do just fine keeping up with you on your outdoor activities.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I see pointer, but he's still young so it can be hard to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts