Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nine year old Chihuahua has been acting funny the past couple of days and hasn't been eating much. SHe has also taken to yelping randomly throughout the day. Today I found her poop to be green with tons of white balls (see attachment). I am not sure if these are roundworm eggs or what. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Those are not any kind of eggs. I would looking around your house and yard to find out what she has been eating. You may want to investigate the poo a bit more. Whatever it is she is eating it is causing her discomfort. You may want to take a sample to your vet along with her. She may need something to help them pass.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Is it maybe styrofoam beads? Like from inside a beanbag chair?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Tess

·
Registered
115 Posts
After visiting a friend who has several outside bird feeders, my girl's poops are completely encrusted in bird seed.

I'm pretty curious about why your dog's feces are green, though.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
ive seen Jessie have green poop on nutro natural balance venison formula but not the white bits! i think you need to get that to the vet and get her checked out in the meantime search where she has been and ask people questions if you have been to others houses. Could be stones or bean bag stuffing?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could she have gotten hold of okra?

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
What's okra
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
245 Posts
Okra is a plant we grow around here. It can be put in gumbo, fried (oh, man, so good!), or smothered. As far as I know, dogs can eat a little with no problem, but then we've always had larger dogs. A small dog, who knows? Whether that's what it is or not, I don't know, but it does remind me of it. A vet would be the best person to ask :)

Okra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Roundworm eggs are microscopic, you can't see them in the stool like that. It's something the dog ate for sure... can't really tell from the picture what it is, though. You might need to do some sleuthing around the house and yard to figure it out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
One time I was scooping kitty litter and scooped up a neon orange poop. I was about to whisk my cat off to the vet in a panic until I realized it was an entire Nerf dart. This thread felt appropriate to share that on, lol. I would guess it is some kind of styrofoam ball from a bean bag or stuffed animal, too. Also, some diapers use these little balls that absorb liquid, that could be a possibility?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
One time I was scooping kitty litter and scooped up a neon orange poop. I was about to whisk my cat off to the vet in a panic until I realized it was an entire Nerf dart. This thread felt appropriate to share that on, lol. I would guess it is some kind of styrofoam ball from a bean bag or stuffed animal, too. Also, some diapers use these little balls that absorb liquid, that could be a possibility?
I accidentally left a (unused) pantyliner in a pocket and it took me forever to figure out what the small, clear gel balls were all over my clothes. :blush:

ETA: If a dog is not eating, randomly yelping and pooping what looks like an octopus, the dog needs to go to the vet. Like last week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts