Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Duck Tolling Retriever mix, who has always been super friendly, and very social, has randomly started to show on-leash aggression. It's like it happened over night. We always take her to breweries and outdoor patios with us and she has started to show her teeth, lunge, bark (which she is not vocal at all) and just over all kind of freaking out. She is a very submissive dog so I know she is not trying to play. Does anyone have any recommendations? She goes with us everywhere and I really want to stop this before it gets out of hand!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi. How old is your dog that is starting to be leash reactive? Dogs go through fear periods where they can suddenly become stressed or anxious about things/situations that were just fine prior.

Did your dog get spooked by another dog lately by chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She just turned 2 years old. I wonder if you could be right with just going through a period of being anxious. She is obsessed with car rides, they are her favorite thing in this world but we've noticed while she's still super excited, she's been whining in the car, randomly barking and pacing while driving around. Although her tail is wagging, head is still out the window and she runs to the car anytime we are outside, she seems a little anxious. She hasn't been spooked by any dog, we take her to the dog park a lot but there has been no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts