Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! So we recently rescued this little girl. The shelter said they believed she might be GSD mix. We are unsure and are looking for some opinion and advice as to what breed she might be. We have a bigger dog who is a Rottweiler Collie mix and just want to have an idea of her potential size and personality so we can plan accordingly. She's about 4 months old. Her ears are very mobile and seem to change every day. She has a little black tip on her very long tail. Her face gets a bit wrinkly when she makes certain faces!

Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'd say "some kind of bully breed" x "some kind of herding dog".
could be Pitbull(mix) x belgian Shepherd Dog...are they common where you live?

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
876 Posts
A lot of malinois mixes get marked as shepherd mixes due to the black nose. Be advised that pitties, shepherds and malinoises are all super high energy dogs!! :D Enjoy your play, there's gonna be a lot of it!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
A lot of malinois mixes get marked as shepherd mixes due to the black nose. Be advised that pitties, shepherds and malinoises are all super high energy dogs!! :D Enjoy your play, there's gonna be a lot of it!
Well Malis are a type of Shepherd Dog, so I don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm a bit puppy envious...she's really cute. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Well Malis are a type of Shepherd Dog, so I don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm a bit puppy envious...she's really cute. :eek:
I think in North America, if people aren't dog savvy Shepherd always = GSD.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ooooh yes, puppy envy.
Yes, looks a little bit gsd, but with a mix, who knows, I'm with pit/bully breed mix + herding dog (gsd, malinois, etc) mix.
I hope you enjoy dog sport! I think you are in for wild and wonderful ride. My last girl was a wonderful high drive gsd and she taught me sooooo much.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think in North America, if people aren't dog savvy Shepherd always = GSD.
Pretty much this. If you're in the USA and your dog you're looking at is a 'shepherd mix' they're not talking any dog that sheep herds, they mean german shepherds and probably don't even know malinois dogs aren't just a saddle-less version of a german shepherd.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts