Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Duke last week at a shelter. He was rescued from another shelter in Virginia. He's 10 weeks, 6 lbs and I believe his paws are considered webbed. He's bridle and has a little white on his chest. Any educated guesses of breed. His paws are smallish

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know haha everyone says that from pics then see him in person and he is sooo tiny. He's 6 lb 2 oz

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ha ha, does he live in a doll's house? LOL. How tall is he?

He looks lovely, but I don't even know where to start regarding the breed/s. He has a soulful, pug type look in his eyes. Have you got more pics of him? Such as him standing or sideways head profile?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha I'm going to post a picture of him next to a 9 lb toy poodle to put his size in perspective. He's definitely 6 lb 2 oz just had him weighed twice. I'll post some pics in different angles. They told me they had no idea bc he just arrived at shelter and didn't have a card but possibly a lab/terrier/maybe even hound mix. This girl seemed inexperienced and rushed so I think she just three some ideas out but his size seems small for those. However this is strictly from online research I don't know from experience what a lab weighs at 10 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Lovely pictures, beautiful dogs. I think I now see a terrier in him, Patterdale to be precise. I'm sure Virginia is overrun with stray Patterdales. :p

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd say a 10 week old lab would weigh at least 6 kg that would be around 13-14 lb.

Maybe he's got some Boston terrier in him - the colouring? Although I can't see anything else bostonish in him.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Wow, he deffinitly doesn't look 6 pounds in his pics lol. It can be hard to tell when there this young, especially because they can change quite a bit when they grow.

From how he looks now, I want to say maybe lab mix, with a smaller terrier given his size. I could venture some hound and maybe some bully breed too. But im horrible at generalized guesses with puppies. It will be interesting to see how he turns out as he grows. Usually around 5-6ish months is when you can get a better idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hit 11 weeks today and 7 lbs and he was 5 lbs at 9 weeks so we're gaining about a lb a week. Assuming he will be medium-large at most
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 15 of 15 Posts