Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I used to have a gorgeous dog named Cinnamon and I don't know what kind of dog she is. My father gave me her as a bday gift 7 years ago but tragically we didn't know how to take care of her (Since it was our first dog) so we gave her up to the shelter. Anyways, I'm planning to get a puppy soon but I want a dog just like Cinnamon!. To me, she resembles a golden retriever puppy that never grows!

Can anyone help me out on what kind of breed she is?

Thanks so much & God bless <3 :)

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ah, bless!!!!

I don't really think she's a breed, she's a mix of lots of lovely dogs. You can't replace her, just go to the pound and see which one you like the look of, and more importantly, which one likes the look of you. When I choose a dog (that's going back a bit, these days they choose me - they just walk in the gate and refuse to leave) I always choose the quiet one who's cowering at the back, then they turn out to be lunatics who cause more trouble than you can imagine.

But - not meaning to be harsh - please be sure you can cope with the dog this time. It's cruel to take a dog from a pound and give it back because you can't cope with it. Dogs get attached to people very quickly and they suffer if they are moved from home to home.

Good luck. I hope you find your perfect dog

Lynsey

·
Registered
812 Posts
Maybe a spaniel mix? I agree with everything Lynsey said. Make sure you're ready for a dog, and pick out your soulmate! My dog Biscuit chose me. I never really had an option. ;)

God bless you too!

·
Registered
641 Posts
You could also do some research on which breeds might suit you best before you go looking for your next dog. Even if you go to a shelter looking to adopt a mix, if you know something about different breeds, you may find a mix of one or two of the breeds on your list.

I do agree, though, that a lot of it has to do with the individual dog and how he/she reacts to you as well as how you react to him/her. And please don't adopt until you're sure your situation allows for it. You may well have already thought that all through, and good for you if you have, but it never hurts to mention it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts