Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.5 year old labradoodle Olivia has had cracking knees for almost 4 months now. I took her to the vet right away when I first heard it 4 months ago and had a full check up including x rays. The vet said everything looks great her hips are excellent knees look good. The only thing she noticed was a bone chip on her lower leg but she said it was probably unrelated and due to her just bumping into something, which she does pretty often cause she takes off running full speed indoors. She gave us some glucosamine which we've been taking since and it has not helped. She said my dog could still be growing and it would probably resolve on its own. It really is annoying me and I hear continuously through out the house. I am an OCD person and this really is driving me crazy! I just had to put my other lab down a few months ago due to wobblers and I really just want Olivia to be healthy! I took her back to the vet about two months later for a follow up and I told the vet her knees now crack and pop with almost every step. She never acts like she's in pain and has no limp what so ever. She still runs and jumps. The vet tried manipulating her joints to find something wrong and couldn't. She even had the other vet there come in to try and he couldn't either. They both told me it could just be her ligaments snapping fluid. That it was nothing to worry about. Have any of you experienced anything like this. I bought a new glucosamine sup and some fish oil that I started today. I'm hoping to get rid of this problem for all. I just really hope it's not something bad like crepitus or arthritis. The vet would have spotted this don't you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually took her to another vet today. They took X-rays and examined her and also couldn't find anything wrong. He said this just happens sometimes. Hopefully it's just a quirk. :/

·
Registered
713 Posts
Joint supplements can take awhile to start working and cause a noticeable change, that's why there's usually a 4-6wk long load period before decreasing to a maintenance dose. Omega 3 supplements may be useful as well for the joints. You may want to ask your vet about possibly doing an Adequan injection if that's a viable option for her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts