Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jarkie (willow) does not want to eat pet food. I have tried several different kinds and she turns her nose up to all. I know eating people food is not good all the time, but I feel bad when she is not eating. Also she is pregnant so I know nutrition is important. Any Ideas on how to get her to eat her food instead of mine?:ponder:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Try also serving in a different environment. Pax stopped wolfing down his food and at times would not eat breakfast till later in the day...thought it might be food boredom so mixed it up...solved it for a bit then back to indifferent at times about eating...would still ultimately eat twice a day though.

I started serving him on the back deck...eats right away. For some reason in the kitchen where he has eaten all his life he has gotten apprehensive...and has noting to do with training habits. They sometime are neurotic little buggers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started out on Wellness with Max my Yorkie and he really wasn't loving it so we switched to Honest Kitchen and he all but eats the bowls now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
we have been mixing in a heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin and mixing in with the kibble every meal. My dog stared at the food for a while and didn't really eat prior to adding the pumpkin.

Have to figure out how to wean her off of that... but it works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts