Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 2 year old dog has recently began losing hair on his paws. They have started to become red. He is biting them and itching. If it had anything related he has had sticky eyes before the hair loss had started and we got drops for it. He dosent seem to be in any pain but would like to prevent it
Will attach pictures
Dog Carnivore Whiskers Fawn Dog breed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sofia.. I am sorry to hear your fur baby is dealing with this. Unfortunately it is a very common problem a large percentage of dogs tend to suffer from at some point in their life. While I agree with other posters, it is always best to rule things out medically, with your Vet- the downside to medicinal vets is they often times just treat the symptoms with an anti-inflammatory and/or steroid- and often times will throw a general word on the problem, such as an "Allergy", but truth be told your dog probably was perfect since he/she was a puppy and this developed over time. I highly believe the cause of your dogs suffering is due to inflammation within the stomach and small intestine. A food or diet that is optimized for your dogs genetic make up, rather then processed and extruded kibble should yield not only better health for your dog, but will start to reverse the suffering that you currently see your pet experiencing. There are also some supplements I would highly encourage you to use on a daily basis, to reduce the gut inflammation and bring a balance back to your dogs overall well being. Feel free to reach out too me but I truly believe this is something dietary related which most of the times is how this problem starts.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sofia, while I know that the above post from Timg123 is very well-intentioned, and a proper diet is indeed very important, I hope you will keep in mind that someone on the internet cannot diagnose what is wrong with your dog. Inflammation in the stomach is not the cause of every thing that goes wrong with a dog.
Rather than changing the dog's diet and taking the advice of someone who has never met you or your dog, I strongly suggest that you take the dog to a vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts