Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a Pit Dalmatian mix that i rescued about a year and half ago from a local shelter. Being naive i dove into the ownership of a dog while juggling many different life paths (he still gets lots of adventure time and attention). Everything was a ok, fine and well for the first year. We would be at the dog park, road trips, here there every where and always involved with my life activities. Then a neighbor moved in with a little bigger pure pit (lots of strength). They scuffled many times but grew tolerant of one another and now share a big yard. Then in the last half year he started getting nippy with other dogs. They were never full on attacks but enough to have to exchange numbers and feel ashamed at my dogs behavior. Then it occurred more and more often, to the point that he makes me nervous when theres a potential confrontation ahead; which has limited the things we used to do together. He seems to triggered by food and toys. when another dog or cat is remotely close to the food or toy hell have a lung and snap at them (this isnt always the case but what i have observed personally). We tried to have a kitten and im almost positive that he got over excited an took a nip, dead. Then we had the sweetest of sweet kittens for about four months then bam he snaps at her over a small piece of chicken, dead. What i need advice with is what to do with the dog. Hes a sweetheart at home, super cuddly and isnt aggressive with humans at all (although theres a baby coming to live here and the thought of him doing this over a baby toy.....scary) Please help give me guidance on the next steps i should take with an animal like this. It brakes my heart to no end but my family is demanding me to make a final move to resolve these issues. What to do, what to do? PS any other information thats needed just ask, Thank you so much in advance dog lover family!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.