Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I came across this forum a few days ago and after lurking a bit I've finally decided to join and introduce myself. This summer I was finally able to get my very first dog, a Shetland Sheepdog, Riley and haven't looked back since!

Dogs really are like potato chips and all the doggy pics here really tempt me :p..hopefully I'll be able to get Riley a buddy sometime in the future. Looking forward to meeting you all and taking full advantage of all the knowledge you guys have to offer.

For now, here are a few pics of Riley:

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Hi and welcome! I love Shelties, they're on my breed bucket list. :p Is Riley a boy or girl?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome! I love Shelties, they're on my breed bucket list. :p Is Riley a boy or girl?
Thanks! Riley is a boy but he has been mistaken for a girl multiple times :p

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
B-E-A UTIFUL! He's a good looking boy! Welcome

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
He is so beautiful! I love shetland sheepdogs as well, we have a very nice one in our neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of him! Remy gets called a boy all the time and she's a girl. That's the problem with unisex names!

ps- I'm originally from Ontario as well, but have lived out west since I was 9 (so 13 years ago). My whole family except my dad lives out there.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome! Shelties are outstanding! One of our neighbors has one named Maise and Maisie just HAS TO say hello to me everytime she sees me! Very smart and high energy. Yours is so much more handsome.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
B-E-A UTIFUL! He's a good looking boy! Welcome
Thank you :)
He is so beautiful! I love shetland sheepdogs as well, we have a very nice one in our neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of him! Remy gets called a boy all the time and she's a girl. That's the problem with unisex names!

ps- I'm originally from Ontario as well, but have lived out west since I was 9 (so 13 years ago). My whole family except my dad lives out there.
Thanks! Lol that's true, I personally would associate the name Remy with a boy too. It's all about perception I guess!
What part of Ontario? I've never been to BC but have heard great things about Vancouver, especially the food ;)
Welcome! Shelties are outstanding! One of our neighbors has one named Maise and Maisie just HAS TO say hello to me everytime she sees me! Very smart and high energy. Yours is so much more handsome.
Aw, thanks! I really like his coat colouring now so I'm hoping it will stay the same but will probably be much darker as he grows up. Riley always does his spazzy hello dance when he sees someone he knows :p

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Thanks! Lol that's true, I personally would associate the name Remy with a boy too. It's all about perception I guess!
What part of Ontario? I've never been to BC but have heard great things about Vancouver, especially the food ;)
I was born in Oshawa, but lived in Waterloo and Kingston after that. I have family in Toronto, Missisauga, Oshawa, Georgian Bay, Collingwood etc

I live in Vancouver for 6 months a year ago, I like it but it's too busy for me personally. I live in Victoria now and like it a lot but miss the real mountains and snow.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Welcome! Riley is so beautiful! Love the name, too. :)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was born in Oshawa, but lived in Waterloo and Kingston after that. I have family in Toronto, Missisauga, Oshawa, Georgian Bay, Collingwood etc

I live in Vancouver for 6 months a year ago, I like it but it's too busy for me personally. I live in Victoria now and like it a lot but miss the real mountains and snow.
Oh, I live just north of Toronto. If Vancouver is anything like down town Toronto, it would be too busy for me too and definitely too busy for Riley.
Welcome! Riley is so beautiful! Love the name, too. :)
Thanks! His name suits his personality well-- likes to get "riled" up :p

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi! Your sheltie is very cute :) I am hopefully getting my first sheltie in a few weeks!
That's so exciting, congrats! Would love to see pics when you do :)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts