Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come on here to get some advice and input for my dogs because in my history of owning/working with dogs and other animals they're almost at the top of my list for 'most frustrating'. I have always been around abused/neglected/stray dogs and other creatures that my family's taken in and cared for (oddly enough none from the shelter and all from being thrown out of car windows, etc.). Currently I've got six cats, two dogs, and two horses.

When I was little I was bit by a dog twice on my face and after the stitches, and doctor appointments (and begging for a dog still) my parents came home with a blue heeler/husky puppy. To say it simply she was the world to me when I was growing up. I lost my her a couple of years ago to kidney failure at the ripe old age of 21. That spring I got a call from my grandparents saying that they had a dog who they'd recently rescued and he was a lover. They couldn't keep him because their other dog is mentally ill and will not tolerate another dog in his old age, so they thought of us. My mom, brother and I fell in love and brought him home. He was about a year and everything was going well (he'd never been in a house before so housebreaking, acclimating, all that jazz was needed); that fall I went to take out the trash and found a puppy sitting in the bottom of the barrel. Well I brought him inside and that was all she wrote as to how I ended up with two dogs.... the six cats, and two horses is for a different forum ;)

Well, I've never had any animals as difficult as these two so I'm here to gain advice, and wisdom and hopefully get more on the same page with them than I currently am. Sorry if this was a horrible introduction, and I look forward to learning from you all! :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi, welcome :)
I have learnt so, so much on this forum & I hopefully you will find the help you are after! You sound like a very special person to take in those animals, especially difficult ones. 21 is an incredible age for a dog (especially a large-ish one!) to live for, your family must have taken such good care of her & I am so sorry for your loss, I imagine that was extremely difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts