Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi and welcome. Your puppy looks very sweet. What exactly are you wanting help with? Do you have specific questions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I would like help on home grooming and training tips. I would also like help on keeping up good health.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
906 Posts
For grooming, I'd suggest brushing regularly (teeth and hair), and keeping nails trimmed. For training, positive reinforcement is best and clicker-training can be awesome. Have you read the training stickies yet? Training and Behavior Stickies

For good health, a good quality food and regular vet visits.

If you have any specific questions, such as "how do I teach sit", we could give more specific answers. :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
For teeth brushing, you can buy dog tooth brushes and toothpaste at pet stores. Don't use human toothpaste for a dog, it isn't good for them. You can also use your finger to brush their teeth, just have to find some dog toothpaste.

How did you teach him those commands?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He started to sit on his own instinctively so I just said sit and gave him a treat. Also I always told him sit before I gave him his food. Sometimes I rub food through the grass and tell him search to sniff it out.
He comes if I call his name so I give him a treat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts